B.Mus. B.Ed. Suzuki Cert 3, Speech & Drama ASDA, Ass.Dip. Creative Arts TAFE
Debra McConnell received her musical education through the University of New South Wales Bachelor of Music/Bachelor of Education program.
Debra achieved a major in piano and minor in violin and studied subjects in theatre and film.
Whilst studying at the university Debra undertook extra studies in Dalcroze Eurhythmics and holds a certificate I and AMEB Speech and Drama where she obtained an Associate diploma – practical.
After moving back to Goulburn Debra has:
- taught at the Goulburn TAFE specialising in Early Childhood music Education
- taught music years 7-12 at Goulburn High School
- Conducted choirs, orchestras and ensembles Primary school and High School
- Directed and Musical directed musicals for the Argyle Society and St. Saviour's Cathedral (The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Nunsense just to name a few)
- Conducted Singfest 2012 for the Catholic Schools Northern Region Concert.
Debra teaches Early Childhood music, Piano, violin, voice and Speech and Drama. She leads a junior string ensemble program and a K-6 vocal ensemble. During this time she has undergone studies in Suzuki Talent Education and now holds a certificate III in Violin Education. Debra is also the music convenor for the Goulburn Eisteddfod and prepares students for Eisteddfods, AMEB examinations and Suzuki Graduations.